Why do we include music and singing?
- Music touches us all in a deep way
- We use it as a tool to encourage each individual to look up
- The words of the songs help us communicate what is in our heart
- We want everyone to feel a part of the worship experience
Why do we worship?
- To connect with God as one body, one people
- It is our soul/spirit calling out to God
- We are connecting to a God who loves us
- To usher in the presence of God
- To release pain/stress/emotions from the previous week
- To create an atmosphere where we speak to and hear from God
- We want to be honest in our worship
- It raises our spirits and encourages everyone
Why do we pray?
- To speak to God
- To humble ourselves and recognize our need for help
- To be heard and feel like someone is listening
- To help others - those we know and those we don't
- To make it through the day
- To voice our concerns and release pain/emotions/stress
- To recognize our dependence on God
- To voice our needs, wants, desires, pain, praises and thankfulness
Why do we mingle?
- To get to know one another
- To give opportunity to welcome people
- To connect with each other
- To give opportunity to speak to and encourage each other and share our concerns
- To strengthen interpersonal relationships